- University of Denver Sturm College of Law,
J.D. – 2006
- University of Colorado at Boulder,
B.S. – 2002
- Colorado, 2006
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Colorado Court of Appeals, Law Clerk for Hon. Diana Terry, 2006 – 2008
Areas of Practice
- Title 32 Special Districts
- Local Governments, Authorities, and Improvement Districts
- Real Estate Development and Due Diligence
- Special District Separations, Workouts and Dispute Resolution
- Water, Sewer and Wastewater
- Public Financing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association, 2006-2020
- Denver Water Citizens Advisory
Committee, Member 2012-2015
- Special District Association Legislative
- Minoru Yasui Inn of Court, Member
2010 – 2012
- Sundance Hills Metropolitan District, President, Board of Directors
Jeffrey E. Erb, Esq.
Jeffrey Erb provides legal services to Colorado special districts, including metropolitan, water and sanitation districts since 2010. Mr. Erb’s practice focuses on the representation of special districts, local governments, quasi-municipal entities, and a select group of real estate developers.
His experience includes advice on day-to-day operations, contracting, meetings, organization, debt and loan financing, and capital projects.
Highlights of his career include:
- Conversion of five community detention ponds into parks, including the installation of Colorado specific landscaping and educational amenities for use by adjacent elementary schools.
- Separation of special districts in a resort community, including release of debt owed to developer and refinance of existing special district bonds to reduce debt service and allow money for operations.
- Transition of struggling special district water system to city, including obtaining the individual consent to the transition by all customers, transfer of funds, and dissolution of the special district.
- Settlement of dispute between large property owner and special district to allow for additional water infrastructure development including the release of certain revenue pledged to existing bonds.
Presentations and Publications
Real Estate Development Lending in Colorado: The Use of Special Districts for Real Estate Development in Colorado and Lender Risks and Considerations (PART 2). Independent Bankers of Colorado – “The Independent Report” · Jan 1, 2019
Real Estate Development Lending in Colorado: The Use of Special Districts for Real Estate Development in Colorado and Lender Risks and Considerations (PART 1). Independent Bankers of Colorado – “The Independent Report” · Nov. 1, 2018
The Nuts and Bolts of Capital Projects – From Start to Finish. Special District Association Annual Conference · Sept. 22, 2016
Colorado Special Taxing Districts. Presentation for First American Title · Mar. 14, 2016; Builder Realty Council of Metropolitan Denver · Jan. 7, 2016; Kentwood City Properties, Denver · Oct. 7, 2015
CORA Policies for Special Districts (Webinar). Special District Association · June 1, 2014
Survival of Districts in a Poor Economy: The Impact of Foreclosures and Declining Property Values on Special Districts. Special District Association Annual Conference · Jan. 1, 2011
To the Extent Permitted by Law: Indemnification Provisions in Contracts with Special Districts. Special District Association Newsletter · July 1, 2010